Getting proper exercise. Eating nutritious foods. Practicing good sleep hygiene. Socializing with supportive friends and family.
What are the four behaviors of good health?
People who adopt four healthy behaviors — not smoking; taking exercise; moderate alcohol intake; and eating five servings of fruit and vegetables a day — live on average an additional 14 years of life compared with people who adopt none of these behaviors, according to a new study.
What are 3 appropriate health behaviors?
The 3 healthy behaviors assessed were self-reported fruit and vegetable consumption, self-reported physical activity, and having a BMI of less than 25 kg/m2, which was calculated by using self-reported weight and height at the time of survey.
What are the 6 healthy behaviors?
For a long, healthy life, the six key lifestyle behaviors are getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet, being physically active, maintaining a healthy body weight, not smoking, and limiting alcohol.
What are 10 healthy behaviors?
10 Habits to Maintain Good Health
- Build your plate around healthy choices. Start by filling half your plate with fruits and vegetables. …
- Stay Hydrated. …
- Limit alcohol intake. …
- Avoid/quit tobacco usage. …
- Walk more. …
- Choose physical activities you enjoy. …
- Wash your hands. …
- Develop healthy sleep habits.
What are the 5 healthy behaviors?
Five key health-related behaviors for chronic disease prevention are never smoking, getting regular physical activity, consuming no alcohol or only moderate amounts, maintaining a normal body weight, and obtaining daily sufficient sleep.
What are the examples of health behaviors give at least 5?
Actions that can be classified as health behaviors are many; examples include smoking, substance use, diet, physical activity, sleep, risky sexual activities, health care seeking behaviors, and adherence to prescribed medical treatments.
What are personal health behaviors?
Health behaviors are actions individuals take that affect their health. They include actions that lead to improved health, such as eating well and being physically active, and actions that increase one’s risk of disease, such as smoking, excessive alcohol intake, and risky sexual behavior.
What are 10 lifestyle factors that promote good health?
Terms in this set (10)
- Getting 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
- Starting each day with a healthy breakfast.
- Eating a variety of healthy foods each day.
- Being physically active for at least 30 minutes most days of the week.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs.
What are 5 lifestyle factors that promote good health?
Studies indicate that the following five factors make the biggest difference in overall health and wellness: 1) diet; 2) rest; 3) exercise; 4) posture; and 5) avoiding the use of alcohol, drugs and tobacco.
What are examples of behaviors?
List of Words that Describe Behavior
- Active: always busy with something.
- Ambitious: strongly wants to succeed.
- Cautious: being very careful.
- Conscientious: taking time to do things right.
- Creative: someone who can make up things easily or think of new things.
- Curious: always wanting to know things.
What are 20 healthy habits?
20 Simple Health Habits
- Drink a gallon of water every day. …
- Walk for 30 minutes every day. …
- Do 25-50 lunges daily. …
- Do 50 heel raises.
- Do 25 sit ups.
- Eat one piece of fruit. …
- Make sure your plate consists of equal proportions of protein, a source of minerals and vitamins (vegetables), and carbs.
What are the 7 healthy habits?
Seven Habits of a Healthy Person
- Hydrate. Water is absolutely essential for a healthy life. …
- Move. Consistent exercise is key. …
- Eat lean protein. When it comes to eating meat, the fewer the legs, the better. …
- Eat natural foods. …
- Sleep. …
- Find an outlet. …
- Have a purpose.