What is the most common mental health concern on college campuses?
Anxiety disorders are the most prevalent psychiatric problems among college students, with approximately 11.9 % of college students suffering from an anxiety disorder .
What are the top five mental disorders that affect college students the most?
In a Pennsylvania State University study published in 2016, 61% of survey respondents identified anxiety as a leading student mental health issue.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) …
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) …
- Panic Disorder. …
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) …
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
How common is mental illness in college students?
Mental health issues are increasingly prevalent among college students: Almost half of college students had a psychiatric disorder in the past year. 73% of students experience some sort of mental health crisis during college. Almost 1/3 of college students report having felt so depressed that they had trouble …
What are 6 common mental health disorders?
- Anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and phobias.
- Depression, bipolar disorder, and other mood disorders.
- Eating disorders.
- Personality disorders.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia.
What are the top 3 diagnosis on college campuses?
Anxiety is the top presenting concern among college students (41.6 percent), followed by depression (36.4 percent) and relationship problems (35.8 percent).
What are top three diagnosis on university campuses?
Below are some of the common mental illnesses seen on college campuses.
- Addiction and Substance Use Disorders.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder(ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder.
- Eating Disorders.
- Depression / Suicide.
- Sleeping Issues and Disorders.
What are the top 10 worst mental disorders?
Top 10 Controversial Psychiatric Disorders
- Homosexuality. …
- Asperger’s disorder. …
- Childhood bipolar disorder. …
- Adult ADHD. …
- Dissociative identity disorder. …
- Narcissistic personality disorder. …
- Penis envy. …
- Hysteria. (Image credit: Dreamstime)
What is the #1 most diagnosed mental disorder?
Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health condition in the US and can include OCD, panic attacks and phobias. It is estimated that 40 million adults have an anxiety disorder.
What are the top 3 major problems concerns issues specifically for college students?
Common Issues for College Students.
- Social anxiety, general anxiety, test anxiety, or panic attacks.
- Family expectations or problems.
- Depression, lack of energy or motivation, hopelessness, being overwhelmed, low self-esteem, homesickness, loneliness.
How common is ADHD in college students?
ADHD is a prevalent neurodevelopmental disorder that persists into adulthood. More than half of children with ADHD will attend a 2- or 4-year university, with prevalence rates of ADHD in college students estimated to be 5%.
What is the most common illness among college students?
Most Common College Illnesses
- The Flu. Influenza, commonly known as the flu, can strike at any time of year. …
- Upper Respiratory Infections. Illnesses that leave you hacking, coughing, and just feeling miserable are a typical part of dorm life. …
- Mono. …
- Stomach Bug. …
- Getting enough sleep. …
- Getting Your Vaccines. …
- Washing your hands.
How common is PTSD in college students?
A study through the Eastern Colorado Healthcare System found that up to 17 percent of college students suffer from PTSD; that’s much higher than the incidence of PTSD found in the general population. Learn more about coping with PTSD as a college student.
What are the 7 main mental disorders?
Seven common types of mental disorders include:
- Anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorders social anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and phobias.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What are the 9 mental disorders?
9 common mental health disorders and how to recognize them
- Depression. …
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder. …
- Panic Disorder. …
- Schizophrenia. …
- Persistent Depressive Disorder. …
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. …
- Borderline Personality Disorder. …
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
What are the 10 types of mental disorders?
Types of mental illness
- mood disorders (such as depression or bipolar disorder)
- anxiety disorders.
- personality disorders.
- psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia)
- eating disorders.
- trauma-related disorders (such as post-traumatic stress disorder)
- substance abuse disorders.